Blog Archive

Mota-Vational Quotes

  • "Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain!"
  • "The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have."
  • "Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Preston George Mota has Arrived!

Ready to head to the hospital. This was our last pic at the house as a family of two! Wow! I think I'm ready to have a baby!
We're having a baby! This is real!!
He's here and he's HEALTHY!! Got a healthy set of lungs on him too!
All bundled up and ready for mom and dad
Our new little family!
Proud daddy! My handsome boys!!
Grandma and Grandpa meetng Preston for the first time
Nana meeting Preston for the first time
Aunt Steph and Uncle Gene meeting their first nephew
Mommy and her handsome little man! Pops meeting lil Preston for the first time
Nana, mommy and Preston
Uncle Drew holding Preston
Aunt Shelly and little Preston
Cousins! Riley, Kaylin and Preston
Little Preston joins mommy's family (Shown in this pic are Riley, Uncle Drew, mommy, Preston, Daddy, Nana, Kaylin, Aunt Shelly and Pops)
Preston joins daddys family (Shown here are grandma, daddy, Preston and grandpa)
The Mota boys 3 generations
Proud Aunt Steph
Uncle Gene

After many months of prayer and a long 9 months of pregnancy, we are proud to announce the birth of our sweet baby boy, Preston George Mota! Preston was born August 27, 2010 at 12:37pm. He weighed in at 6lbs 12.6oz and was 20.5" long. In the short time he's graced us with his presence, we have fallen completely in love and he has totally filled our hearts with more love and joy than we could've ever imagined!
The Birthing Story:
We went to a doctors appointment on Thursday August 26th for a check up and the doctor said that I was dialated to a 2.5. He felt like I was far enough along Thursday to check in Friday morning instead of Thursday night to induce. He said that check-in time was going to be Friday morning at 7:30am and we would likely have a baby by 5pm. Talk about anticipation. Those next 18 hours went by sooooo slow! I watched the clock all afternoon with so many mixed emotions. I remember Stephen getting home from work Friday and we sat outside for a bit talking. I remember crying and telling him I didn't know how to feel. I was super excited, but nervous and scared all at the same time. I couldn't believe that the very next day at that time we would be parents. Well, we went to bed knowing that we probably wouldn't get much sleep. Overnight, my body decided that it was going to take matters into its own hands. Induction scheduled or not, Preston was ready to come! I started having pretty good contractions overnight, but really felt like it was my mind playing tricks on me. Seeing as I'd never been through labor before I wasn't quite convinced that what I was experiencing was in fact labor. I dealt with the pain and contractions throughout the night and was up and ready to head to the hospital at 6:30am.
Upon arriving at the hospital, things moved very quickly! I was checked in and before I knew it I was getting an IV and my doctor came in and checked me. At this point he let me know that those were true contractions I had been having over night and I was dialted to a 5.5! WOW, I didn't expect that at all! He immediately broke my water and it was a super fast whirlwind from there. The anesthesiologist came in and asked me if I was planning to have this baby naturally. She said, "If not we need to do an epidural NOW!" They quickly did that and I began feeling much relief! Stephen and I were in complete amazement at how quickly things were progressing. Before we knew it, it was 11:30 and they checked me again and said I was at 9.5. They were planning on me starting to push around 12. Once 11:45 rolled around the nurse checked me again and said I was at a 10 and ready to push! She went and called the doctor and came right back and had me start pushing with just her and Stephen. Before Dr. MacDonald even arrived she said she could see the head! Dr. MacDonald arrived quickly and within minutes of pushing our little miracle arrived! The doctor and all the nurses continued telling me that wasn't a typical labor for my first. Evidentally I had it pretty easy, thank goodness! I couldnt have done any of it without my sweet hubby by my side! Stephen cut the cord and I have to say he was the best coach EVER! He was such a stud and took super good care of me all morning! He's the best hubby in the world!
After lil Preston arrived he quickly got to meet all of his family. We were truly blessed to have all of our family here to share in the celebration of our little boys birth!

The First Couple of Nights:
We had been forewarned about a thing they call "cluster feeding", but didn't completely grasp an understanding until we were in the middle of it our 2nd night with the little guy. This is bascially when nature is telling little Preston to feed every 30mins to an hour to help my milk come in. Whew! It was an exhausting night! Stephen and I were completely beat!! It was good that we went through that though, because the nurses were there to help us and provide recommendations with how to deal with this at home. Since we've been home, we've been able to get Preston on a pretty good little schedule and feel much more rested!

Preston is such a little stud! We have taken hundreds of pictures (and thats not an exhaduration). Here are a few of Preston's first pics. Stephen and I are truly blessed and thank God everyday for gracing us with such a wonderful little blessing!