Blog Archive

Mota-Vational Quotes

  • "Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain!"
  • "The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have."
  • "Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 23, 2014

A New Chapter Begins: The Stay at Home Mom

Throughout my maternity leave, I contemplated the idea of staying home with my kids and leaving a wonderful career in Marketing at Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Stephen and I had many conversations at the dinner table, over a glass of wine, laying in bed and on walks around the neighborhood. Was this the right thing for me to do?! I LOVED the idea of getting to spend every day with my kids and getting to share in all Kelsey's firsts and getting to spend some time with Preston before he starts real school! That all sounded wonderful, but the idea of leaving my career, part of my identity, not having adult conversations, expectations of the "stay at home mom" and housewife and the reduced income all scared me to death! Needless to say, it was a very difficult decision, but after lots of prayer on May 13, 2014 I turned in my notice at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and made the leap from Marketer to Mom! I figure, there is no better job in the world than to be here for my kids and work will always be there. My kids will only be young for a while! So far, I LOVE it! Even the fits, laundry and budget. I know I made the right decision for right now. This won't be forever, I want to go back to work eventually, but for now, I'm HAPPY and thankful to have a husband that can and wants to support us. So here goes nothing, let the next chapter begin!


Turning in my stuff to DPSG

Time to celebrate...CHEERS!